Thursday, July 19, 2007

God is SO GOOD! You will see me write this statement alot, because it is so true. This morning I witnessed God answer prayer in a mighty way. It amazes me when we see the Truth, hear the Truth, and understand the Truth and are still surprised, thrilled and overjoyed when God answers our prayers.

For months the over whelming burden of responsibility has been wearing on me physically, mentally and emotionally in ways that I had really not even acknowledged. After a really bad two weeks, I spent most of Sunday night and Monday really repenting of my sin and being reconciled to my Holy God through the forgiveness of Christ's blood atonement on Calvary. I so thank God for His mercies that are new each and every morning when we repent and confess our sins. The Word says "that when we confess our sin, His is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness".

My unrighteousness, usually involving my tongue, is a pretty ugly thing. Praise God that the scripture says "by faith, it was reckoned to him (Abraham) as righteousness." What that means for this Jesus girl is --that on my side of the accounting ledger there is a big fat ZERO under the column of debt, and because of Christ and His propitiation for my sins, He alone cancels my debt and HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS is credited to me. This is how I can live the butterfly life that this blog will explore and discuss in the days and weeks to come. It is not my life, but the life of Christ in me.

Praise God that in His grace and mercy He loved me, He choose me, He saved me and He keeps me until the day of Christ's return. God alone is the Author and Finisher of my faith. On the days that this vessel is totally unfit for use, the great God of the universe the Creator of everything can choose to use me.

My gratitude for His love and forgiveness is enormous. My prayer for you is that as you live your life as "a beautiful offering", a living sacrifice that Romans 12:1-2 speaks of, that you will lay down your life and allow Jesus Christ to move in and cover you with His blood and raise you up by the power of the Holy Spirit to walk in obedience to His will, seeking His face and living the transformed life that is available to you each and everyday.

My youth pastor of 30 years always says, "the evidence of a transformed life is .......a TRANSFORMED LIFE!" Go out today and live the life God intends for you to live. A life that is renewed, refreshed and totally yielded to the power of the Holy Spirit at work in you, my beautiful butterfly!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Yea Leanne! I'm so glad you're doing this. I can't wait to see what you share over time. You are amazing and I am grateful for where God has placed you in my life.

If your answer to prayer is what I think, I am thrilled as well...and like you, I have wondered why we are surprised when God answers our prayers too! It's funny that we're so amazed when this is what we profess to believe will happen, yet we're surprised when it does! I just can't figure that out.

Keep up the good work. I'll be checking back OFTEN! :-)