Saturday, April 5, 2008

Life in the fast lane!

These past few weeks have been busy beyond belief, praise the Lord my husband and I just returned home from a vacation in Puerto Rico. Although the trip was not my favorite, the time for rest, reflection, and relaxation was greatly needed.

Since my last post about the new Bible study class, the 30 dedicated folks who have taken this 50-day challenge to better health have tackled the first pillar of health, which is WATER! Water is the single most important factor in good health. After a couple of weeks of disciplined water consumption, it has become relatively easy to drink the recommended daily amount (1/2 your body weight.) The second pillar of health we will tackle next week is sleep. Sleep reminds me of the story of the three little bears, there is either too much, too little, and never just the right amount.

Through all of the activity of the past weeks, God has continued to show me His faithfulness in my life in a strong and powerful way. Women's ministry has experienced the wonder working power of God in so many ways. Damsels in Distress was a very successful program with guest speaker Martha Peace. Martha's testimony was powerful and the blessings of the evening were abundant. We are now preparing for our Treasured by God Tea Party and are prayerfully anticipating God's work in our midst.

As I daily strive to walk in fellowship with my heavenly Father, I continue to be reminded of His power and sovereign control in my life. This past week during our vacation, the wind blew 24 hours a day at 20 to 30 mph. I was amazed at the constant and unrelenting force of the wind. I was reminded of how powerful God is and how strong He stands on my behalf. When I am tossed and blown like the huge palm trees we observed from our hotel room, I know for sure that God is the one who created the wind, who breathes life into me and who upholds me with His strong hand.

With a grateful and renewed heart and mind, tomorrow starts a new week filled with new challenges, new places of trust and new mercies. Blessings as you continue to faithfully walk with the Lord. Off to bed to practice the second pillar of health - sleep! Good night!

No comments: