Monday, April 21, 2008

Time for Tea!


The women's ministry of First Baptist Jonesboro hosted a Treasured by God Tea Party on Saturday morning at the church. It was a beautiful time as we gathered to share our lives with each other, enjoy a wonderful tea party and hear our guest speaker, Sherri Dodd share from her heart God's Word and message through her Tea ministry.

That may sound abit odd to you, if you were not there, but it it true. Through Sherri's love of collecting tea pots and teacups, a ministry to women has flourished. God really spoke to my heart in many areas on Saturday, one of which is that if we fail to use the talents and treasurers He has gifted us with we are not vessels fit for His use and glory.

Another of the lessons that she taught was that God pursues me, He hunts for me just like she searched all over Europe for tea sets. I am overcome with JOY that the God of the universe could love me so much that He would "hunt for me" not just the hunt for salvation but that He continually pursues me, drawing me to Himself for fellowship and abiding love. I am so grateful that God loves me more than I could ever imagine or even begin to comprehend.

For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong in behalf of those whose hearts are blameless toward Him. 2 Chronicles 16:8

No comments: