Monday, September 17, 2007

An Encouragement from a friend!



Although my life has been toooooooooooooooooooooooo busy to post lately, it was a very nice surprise to read my friend Dianne's blog and see that she had mentioned my name and included me in this honor.

It has been exactly one year since God has placed me in a place of tremendous responsibility at my local church. I am overwhelmed with gratitude that He would find me worthy of such responsibility.

During the past year, I have been so blessed with many opportunities to be transformed, renewed and strengthened. More days than not, God places a sweet friend in my life to encourage me, lift me up and to give me wise counsel to light the path that lies before me. Truly, I thank God for every single person that has been instrumental in the process of developing a new women's ministry.



With anticipation and excitement, I look forward to the upcoming year and all that God has instore for the women of FBCJ.

Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2


Today, I challenge you to look only to Christ for direction in your life, trust that He alone will guide you and give you strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow. Walk in the TRUTH and live in the Light of His love!

2 comments:

Tea with Tiffany said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. For some reason I think I have heard of Women of Purpose. Maybe??

Anyway it's always nice to hear from a sister in the Lord.

Dianne said...

Leanne, you do an fabulous job in your role and I'm proud to be your friend!