Thursday, September 6, 2007

What has been done to you is not important.
What has been done for you on the cross of calvary is all that is important.



All too often we walk around on this planet earth focusing on what has been done to us. We mumble, complain, stay depressed, look for comfort in food, drugs, people and other things. It is what I refer to as the "Eore, woe is ME" persona. Our focus is totally self absorbed and inward. We have to do what the scripture says in Colossians 3:1, "set your mind on things above and not on things of this earth..."

A horizontal perspective on life will leave you hopeless.
A vertical perspective will leave you hopeful.


Paul said it best, "Christ in me the hope of glory". The scriptures say, "as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

So here's the challenge today:
Take a look at where you focus is placed today.
Ask yourself this questions:
Is what has been done to me more important than what has been done for me?
Is there anything in your life that is more important than the true knowledge of Jesus Christ?
How can I change my perspective and move it from horizontal to vertical?

Walk in the truth of II Cor. 10: 3-5 and choose to "take every thought captive to the obedience of Jesus Christ".

2 comments:

Dianne said...

This is a great post Leanne. Just in the last year have I made great strides in letting go of a bad, hurtful situation that happened several years ago. A dear friendship ended over it, and I don't let go easily, but I learned huge lessons and can say that a change of focus like you offer here really is the only answer. Thanks for the clarity of your message. You're awesome!

Justabeachkat said...

Thanks for a great post. Good one.

Hugs!
Kat