Sunday, September 30, 2007

10 things that make me happy!

I just sat down after a very busy morning at church to read my emails and my friend Dianne's blog. Her last posting was a challenge to "list 10 things that make you happy!" There are thousands of things that I could list that I am grateful for, but I have developed a slight headache as I begin to list the things that make me happy. Here goes my attempt to be honest, it seems that words like fun, happy, and even the old fashioned word "giddy" are not descriptive of my life---more descriptive would be words like serious-minded, focused, diligent and driven.

1. My girls coming home from college for the weekend.
2. Finding a really great item from an antique store.
3. Riding in my husband's convertible in fall or spring weather.
4. Thanksgiving at my Aunt Janet's house.
5. Eating my favorite Mexican dinner with my daddy in Tifton.
6. Decorating the Living Christmas Tree at church and sitting back to see it when the lights are on and the choir is singing.
7. Yelling across the street "good morning" to Jordan before she goes to school from my front door.
8. Sitting down to drink a cup of coffee in a perfectly cleaned house.
9. Watching the cardinals in the courtyard because they remind me of my mama.
10. Observing the moment when the Truth of God's word becomes real in the life of another person.

Once, I started it is not that difficult to think of ten things that make me happy. So do it for yourself, I challenge you to sit down and write out the first ten things that come to your mind, then keep writing for the next week, you may realize that you are happier than you think.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Great list Leanne...I'm glad you did this too! It really does seem like it's the 'little things' in life that we enjoy most! I'm like you though (and I quote!)...'it seems that words like fun, happy, and even the old fashioned word "giddy" are not descriptive of my life---more descriptive would be words like serious-minded, focused, diligent and driven.' No wonder we get along so well! :-)