Monday, October 1, 2007

MERCY!

This morning as I began to study and prepare to teach tomorrow, the word mercy continued to run through my mind. We often speak and God's grace and sometimes of His mercy, but His infinite mercy is not a subject to be taken lightly.

MERCY is not getting what we deserve - which is God's wrath!
GRACE is getting what we do not deserve - salvation!


What I deserve is the wrath of God and death,"for the wages of sin is death",and what I get that I do not deserve is "the gift of God which is eternal life in Jesus Christ my Lord". I praise God daily that He has allowed me to get a glimpse of His glory through my salvation in Christ Alone! It was His kindness that lead me to repentance(Romans 2:4)and it is His mercy that allows me to see His glory.

In an online sermon,by John Piper entitled "Vessels of Mercy", he profoundly reminds us of what is means to understand the truths of Romans 9:23 "...in order to make known the riches of His glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory..." There is not a more popular scripture known than the 23rd Psalm, and the phrase that Piper points out is "surely goodness and MERCY shall follow me all of the days of my life."

Surely, God's mercy shall follow me because He did not give me the death that I deserved. The scripture teaches that God delights to show mercy to His beloved sons and daughters, the very ones that He has set aside to be a vessel of mercy to others.

At a recent Beth Moore seminar, she showed this video link from Godtube.com that reiterates how precious we are to God and how much He "delights to show us mercy". "Surely goodness and mercy" will never be the same after you watch this video.....



May the Great God of all, grant to you today His mercy and may you in turn grant mercy to those whom you meet...."Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy!"

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Great post Leanne, and I LOVE that little girl! I love this sentence you shared too..."The scripture teaches that God delights to show mercy to His beloved sons and daughters, the very ones that He has set aside to be a vessel of mercy to others." That's a great thing to remember in the challenges of everyday life sometimes! Thank you! :-)

Dianne said...

Well, maybe not 'sometimes.' How about 'all the time!' :-)

Mandy said...

I just love that precious little girl. Thank you for sharing and making my day.

Mandy
GA
www.madelinegracehopkins.blogspot.com